Pages

Tuesday 17 August 2021

Orana Wildlife Park

 Hello everyone, 

Yesterday was very exciting. We went on a trip to Orana Park and as you know we are learning about Biodiversity and Orana Park is probably the second zoo I've been to. It was quite a long trip and after we arrived we got separated in to two groups. Room 5 and Room 6. As we were separated we had a our educator and her name was Sarah. Sarah showed us lots of interesting animals that some of us probably never saw before. She also taught us some facts about them and we even got to feed giraffes. Did you know that you can tell if an animal is a mammal if they have fur and give birth to living babies and are warm blooded? 


:)



We got to see many animals really close like gorillas and gibbons and lions and other animals. We also went to a frog house and we got to discover native frogs and ones that aren't from NZ. We also went inside this small house that was very dark but only a little light was showing and it was a place where this little kiwi named Sonic was living. Before going in we were told by Sarah that we had to be quiet because that the kiwi was shy and hides when there is a lot of noises. When we got in it was quite hard to see and spot where the kiwi was. But it didn't take too long for us to spot the kiwi. He was cute and small. Did you know that kiwis have bad eye sight and uses their whiskers to help them see in the dark? 


We also went inside the reptile house which obviously had different kinds of reptiles. Did you know all cold blooded animals hibernate through the winter? 

(This one is probably sleeping :O)

It was a very interesting experience, especially going to the farm yard was quite fun, seeing animals walking around and pooing. :]


7 comments:

  1. Hi Denise,
    Thank you for sharing such an interesting blog post about our trip to Orana Park. You listened well to all the information that Sarah shared with us about animal adaptations and classification. I agree that it was fun going to the farmyard and get up close to the animals. The turkeys were very noisy! I'm not sure that they were so keen about how close we were :)
    Did you have a favourite animal? Mine were the meerkats and gibbons.

    Mrs Lambie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Miss,
      Thanks for commenting on my blog. I sure do agree on how noisy the turkeys were, I think it was because we were crowding them and looking at them weirdly. My favorite animal would also be the meerkats and the tigers. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Denise, you have shared some awesome information here. I am glad you enjoyed the trip! Has your experience made you think you might like to work with animals as a job when you're older?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise, you have shared some awesome information here. I am glad you enjoyed the trip! Has your experience made you think you might like to work with animals as a job when you're older? Mrs Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mrs Jones, thank you for commenting on my blog. I've thought bout it and animals are probably the cutest thing in the world for me but I don't think I might want to work with animals when I'm older but thanks for the request. Hope you have a great day^

      Delete
  4. Morena Denise.
    Thanks for sharing your blog. I found it very informative and the photos you added were great.
    Orana Park is a cool place to visit.
    Keep up the great blogging.
    Mrs B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Mrs B, Thanks for commenting on my blog, I really appreciate that you like it. Also thanks for telling me what you thought about it. Have a great day miss!

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.