Pages

Friday 14 February 2020

First Time Going to Tech

It was my first time going to Tech and it was the same for some of us. Some of us from last year went to tech too with the other Year 8s from last year, but this year, the Year 6s from last year gets to go to tech this year, including me. For tech we get to go to Hornby High School which is a high school near our school. We went on this bus that had very comfortable seats with seat belts on it, then I tried putting the seat belt on but it seems like that it was stuck so I decided not to. 

When we arrived it was raining outside so we quickly got in then sat on this staircase inside next to a door that leads to outside. Few minutes later a teacher came in to talk to us and his name was Mr Health, he was our science teacher for the day or for the rest of the term and he lead us to this laboratory with cool science stuff in it. We did a test and tried this electric magnet thing, and it was fun.

After we went to a workshop and we got to choose if we could make an ID Tag or something to put on your bags or car keys or something like that. Then we did a whole tutorial to do it and everyone finish in time.

What I enjoyed was making an ID tag and doing a test in the science lab.
What I found hard was cutting my ID tag the right shape.
What I would differently is to make it easier and just do a particular shape like a square or something like that to make it easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.