Pages

Wednesday 16 October 2019

My Taonga

  WALT define and identify our own 'taonga'.
This term, in term 4, we are going to focus about taonga and what it is to us and other things
that are related to it. As our teacher said, our class might be doing lots of work on taonga
and maybe other cultures too. For our task, we looked at some pictures that were put up on
the screen and thought of reasons why it can be precious to us, and now we had to make a
poster and put or draw some pictures in the poster to represent your taonga.


Taonga is a Maori word and what it is, is like a treasure or something precious to you that you
have kept and any kind of object or resources that have been kept long ago or passed into
generations.




I choose to put my family and friends in this poster because they are the people that are
really important to me in this world but not only them and as you can also see I have also
put the earth and the bible, because this earth is also a part of who I am and I wouldn't be
alive if this earth isn't living and I'm sure it is for you too, because you would be very happy
that your are on this earth having fun and being with your loved ones. 

Even if you are sad, our God will never let go of us because he knows that he would be very
lonely if he didn't make us. Lastly, I also have put the sea and a map of the Philippines,
because in my home country which is the Philippines, we have lots of beaches and rivers
and some lakes and while growing up, I have been obsessed with the ocean even though I
didn't get to go to a beach when I was younger but not much swimming pools.


I feel like all of my taonga makes me feel really happy and just want to do anything I want
without other people noticing because in life you just want to not waste things that you
think that can help you in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.